Born in 1955. In 1978 he graduated from the V. Mukhina Saint Petersburg State Art and Industry Academy / Department of Ceramics and Glass. Since 1977 he has participated in exhibitions and symposiums in Belgium, China, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Norway, Poland, Russia, and the UK. The artist has arranged a number of solo exhibitions. The artist has created some monumental ceramic sculptures for the public spaces. Since 1984 he has been a member of the Artists Union of Russia and since 1998 a member of the International Federation of Artists (IFA), also he has been a member of the International Association of Art Critics (AICA) since 2001. He was elected to represent Russian ceramic art and created the art works for the Eastern Europe Ceramics museum at the FuLe International Ceramic Art Museums centre, Fuping, China (2012). His works are included in the collections of art museums in China, Poland, and Russia. Since 2006 he has been teaching at the Saint Petersburg State University. Also he works as a studio artist in the fields of ceramics, sculpture, graphics and painting.